Saturday, May 15, 2010

First Thoughts




The first thoughts I've had on the structure of my novel- which is way weird, because with my other books that is the first thing I thought of - mapping out the structure. But they were nonfiction, and that is a totally different thing. I mean, it doesn't have to be, but if you want your book to be a literary work......a true slice of thoughts, feelings and the things important to you, I think it does have to perhaps come in pieces. at least for me.

So, I'm thinking I have to set part of the novel back east in New York, and the part with the character Silvie maybe before Ellis island, on an immigrant ship. wow...and I'm just remembering these incredible photos of the interior of the buildings I saw in Santa Fe by Stephen Wilkes in one of the galleries there.

No comments:

Post a Comment